- Communication—Provide information to departments on 'greening' events
- Vendors—Compiling a list of green caterers and vendors [NetID required]
- Certification—Seeking Green Events Certification from Duke Sustainability
WHAT IS GREEN Event CERTIFICATION?
It is a program of the Office of Sustainability that offers event organizers practical ways to incorporate sustainability into event planning.
Sustainability opportunities include:
- Using green/sustainable vendors
- Minimizing printed materials through electronic registration and web-based promotion
- Using reusable dishware and utensils; never using plastic or styrofoam
- Providing recycling bins convenient for attendees to use
To obtain certification, applicants complete a checklist of opportunities and submit requests at least two (2) weeks before the event.
Certified events may use the Duke Green Event Certification logo and display the Duke Green Event banner.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Event Planners: Make obtaining Duke Green Event Certification an early part of the event planning process
- Obtain Duke Green Certification for your next event—more information »