- Increase the number of Duke Engineering offices that are Green Workspace Certified
WHAT IS GREEN Workspace CERTIFICATION?
It is a program of the Office of Sustainability that offers faculty and staff practical ways to incorporate sustainability into the workspace.
Sustainability opportunities include:
- Participating in the Duke Mini-Bin recycling program
- Turning off computers outside of work hours
- Using green/sustainable vendors
- Encouraging walking, biking, carpooling and busses for commuting
To obtain certification, applicants complete a checklist of opportunities.
Certification is awarded based on completion of 40 of 58 items.