- Increasing the number of Green Classroom Certifications for Duke Engineering courses
What is Green Classroom Certification?
It is a program of the Office of Sustainability that offers faculty practical ways to incorporate sustainability into the teaching and learning space.
Sustainability opportunities include:
- Reducing paper use
- Reducing energy use in the classroom
- Reducing travel emissions by teleconferencing experts and lecturers.
- Incorporating sustainability into coursework
To obtain certification, instructors complete a checklist of opportunities.
Certification is awarded based on completion of 25 of 35 items.
What You Can Do
- Faculty: Seek Green Certification for your course(s)—more information »
- Students: Discuss sustainability and green classroom certification with fellow students and your instructors